We are looking for an upbeat individual who wants to gain experience in our unique organisation.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about human rights/refugees and have an interest in music, be a good communicator, experienced in web and social media, and have a keen eye for detail. There will be opportunities to attend participatory music sessions and performances.
We are looking for two candidates, willing to commit to a minimum of 1 day / week for three months.
About the Role: to assist the MAI team with digital communications, external communications, social media campaigns, and fundraising, notably supporting the launch of our new website and latest Crowdfunding campaign in December 2016. We need support with cultivating our brand marketing and communications with regular analysis, managing digital communications, and maximising awareness of our work among supporters and new audiences.
Responsibilities could include:
- Help with launch of our new website and cultivation of branded communication
- Support with website updates
- Support to increase our social media reach
- Create and maintain a MAI Instagram account
- Create Mailchimp template for e-newsletter
- Set up Google Adword
- Analysis of statistics including SEO and Google Adwords, website hits, and social media Insights; monitor and measure digital audience engagement
- Input into digital marketing strategy
- Design marketing materials and merchandise in line with new branding
- Keep our images and media library up-to-date
- Assist with promotion of our Crowdfunding Campaign
- Attend and support company networking, performance opportunities and events as required
- Uphold core values of MAI and operate in accordance with them
- Be familiar with and adhere to the company’s policies and procedures including child protection and safeguarding, equal opportunities, health and safety, and confidentiality / data protection
Person Specification – Essential
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal and interpersonal
- Experience of web updating using WordPress
- Experience in developing social media sites including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Interest or experience in graphic design including Adobe Photoshop and desk-top publishing
- Knowledge of SEO, Google Adwords and Insights
- Creative and ability to work on own initiative and meet deadlines
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Interest in music and the rehabilitation of refugees and asylum seekers in the UK
Remuneration: This is a voluntary position and is unpaid. MAI will provide reasonable travel expenses.
Duration: We ask for a minimum commitment of 3 months for 1 day per week. From past internships we have found that a 3 month commitment is the minimum period of time to ensure that the post is beneficial to both the intern and MAI.
What we offer
- A unique opportunity to be part of an inspiring movement of people working to create positive change for refugees and music fans.
- The chance to gain an insight into the running of a small, unique arts-based human rights organisation.
- The opportunity to develop valuable marketing, fundraising and communications skills and experience in events and project management.
- The opportunity to take the lead on a specific project/event.
- Regular support to help you in your role.
- References can be supplied on successful completion of the 3 month period.
- Unlimited amounts of tea, coffee and biscuits and a small, lovely team!
How to apply
Please email Alice your CV and covering letter expressing your interest or call her on 07837 418 777 to discuss the role.
Please use the title Digital Marketing and Communications Intern in the subject line header.
Deadline: 20 November 2016 Interview date: tbc
The successful candidate will need an Enhanced DBS check provided by Music Action International.